Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Introduce Yourself!

Hi there!

Welcome aboard, our community is excited to have you here! We'd love to get to know you better, so here's a place for you to introduce yourself (if you’d like) and meet other members as they join.

Some questions you may answer to get your thoughts flowing:

• Who are you?
  • Where are you from?
  • What is your teaching area?
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community?
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself!

Good to know:

Cheers!

414 Replies

Hey Hello,

• My name is Dr. Christopher Jabbo Allen
  • I currently live in Sunny South Florida
  • I am a Marketing professor at Florida International University and Miami Dade College.  I am looking to grow my brand by leaning on experienced instructors 
  • I love to play golf but I am not that good. 
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome aboard @Christopher1087! It's good to have you here. There are certainly many experienced instructors who can offer you great advice for growing your brand - don't hesitate to post if you have any questions! 

All the best! 🙂

Hi there.  My name is Tim Wagner and I am from Cape Town in South Africa. 

My teaching area is personal development.  Although my background was in Hospitality for 27 years I have a passion for helping other develop a new mindset about subjects on money, growth, change and life in general.

Why did I join the instructor community.  To learn from those who have been doing this longer than me.

Fun fact.  In 2021 The Wife and I sold our house, donated most of our possessions and for 11 months we have been traveling our beautiful country with out two fur kids.  My family thinks I'm having a midlife crisis.  To me it is a midlife reset!

Inspiring that you took the step to sell your house and travel!

At the time it was super scary to loose the security of a home but knowing that adventure is in my sole, I needed to break from the constraints that owning property has.  If not now then when!

My name is Debra  

I’m in the US

I’m a nurse with a passion to teach others to be confident caregivers. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time and I believe with an online platform I can reach so many who wish to be caregivers. 
I’ve started writing course material and joined the instructor challenge to get published and hopes to be featured to get others interested in my course. This is the first time ever launching an online class. 
Thank you for having me. 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @DebraAplis028! We hope you enjoy Udemy and the community! 🤗

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome aboard @Thad! Nice to meet you! 

Hi everyone

I am Vanessa Viviers and I live in Stellenbosch in South Africa.

My first course was for personal development and was busy with my second course on Time Management.

The Instructor Community is very helpful to get to know other instructors and receiving answers to questions one might have.

My hobbies are reading and being outdoors - enjoying nature and also watching movies.

Have a great day

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's so nice to have you here, Vanessa! 😊

Hi Bella,

I am based in London, UK and am v.excited to have just launched my course,

HOW TO HELP YOU TAKE BETTER PORTRAITS

My area is photography, starting with portraiture.

I was introduced to Udemy, by a good friend and IT & marketing professional,

Michelle Hooijmaijers. She might have actually changed my life without knowing!

I am looking forward to engaging with you guys and in the process.

However, I am under no illusions as to

how easy/challenging the process is going to be - wish me luck! 

Thanks Chris

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Chrisscott007, welcome. Make yourself at home here in the community - start asking questions, share your ideas, request feedback... We will be happy to help you so it won't be a challenging process! 😊

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well. My first course was approved yesterday. Thank you Udemy! I am looking forward to constructive interactions with this Udemy community. 🙂

• Who are you?

I am a professor of psychology with a doctorate in education.

• Where are you from?

I am from Los Angeles, California in the United States of America.

• What is your teaching area?

I am an expert in social emotional learning.

• Why did you join the Instructor Community?

I value wisdom and insight. I am here to learn from my colleagues. I hope I can help others as well.

I love to make candy centerpieces as a waybto destress. 😁 It is a creative way to unwind. 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dr.JodiLaMothe, congratulations on getting your first course approved! 👏 It's great to have you here in the community. I love your fun fact and I might try making candy centerpieces myself - sounds relaxing! 

We're looking forward to getting to know you better! 🙂

Hi Bella, 

Thank you so much! I usually give the centerpieces to my friends and family for special occasions. Let me know if you need any suggestions on "best practices" when you make your first candy centerpiece. I will be more than happy to oblige. 

Can you tell us more about "social emotional learning"?  What it is, how one uses it and what an expert does?

ASSALAM-O-ALAIKUM , GOD BLESS YOU DEAR READER .... AND...

HELLOWW  EVERYONEEE!! Hope so you smiling 🙂THIS is Sir Musharib Qayyum my dear respected colleges. 

Teaching Mathematics since 2015 , to different type of students but specially  cambridge students.

I am from Pakistan , lahore (the city of gardens😍). 

I am a natural teacher as i am perfect in teaching anything thats is my knowledge..like driving, cooking something etc 😁.. so teaching beacame my passion and then a profession in 2015.

By the grace of God , I have always helped all students(10 out of 10) to improve their grades and result. 

I am financially not that much strong and i have to raise a family  so i thought to work  smarter in this advanced world and i saw udemy community on youtube coincidently. I am very keen and just waiting to start teaching to atleast one student so i can proof my words true.

Please guide me my dear reader if you can and welcome me with a pure heart.

I LOVE YOU ALL MY DEAR COLLEGES AND STUDENTS. TAKE CARE EVERYONE. AGAIN , GOD BLESS YOU EVERYONE 😇THANKS FOR YOUR PRECIOUS TIME.

GOOD-BYEEE!!! 😇😊❤❤

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @MusharibQayyum5! Passion for teaching is an important attribute for an instructor on Udemy. You'll find many people who share this passion here. 🙂

Hi Everyone

Great to have this opportunity to share our experience and knowledge here.

My name is Megan,I'm from South Africa.

I'm a registered Nurse my main field is midwifery for over 20yrs.

I enjoy sharing my knowledge and look forward to teaching and making a difference to someone's life.

Fun fact:where do I begin,my life is funny,I always wanted to belong to a rock band and play lead guitar...,seriously I love all music,art and everything in between.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Megan939, welcome to the community!

Looks like you are deep down a rock star! We're happy to have you here. 😊

Hi everyone - My name is Deejay... I am a self-taught Frontend Developer and Web Designer from Nigeria, but I live in the beautiful city of Cape Town, South Africa. 

I just published my FREE course  HTML and CSS For Beginners in Nigerian Pidgin

It's a very narrow niche but I am happy with the concept. Plus Pidgin English is spoken by a number of African countries and is fun to know. 

I joined the Instructor Community because I want to learn more about how to create high-quality course content for students, ask questions, and share with the Community.

A fun fact: I wrote in my "Vision Book" to help Africans with tech 9 years ago...

Now here we are!😁

Welcome Deejay.  Amazing to hear about your Vision coming true.  I teach on this all the time and you are testimony to the power of Vision.

Hi all, I'm Melanie Gao and I facilitate programs on psychological safety. I'm happy to have found this platform and this forum. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Melanie Gao, welcome to the community, we're so happy you found us too! Feel free to join discussions and ask questions anytime. 😊

• Who are you? - Adam Sweet.  I'm a private online music teacher
  • Where are you from? - western MA USA, near UMass Amherst
  • What is your teaching area? - Traditional music on violin, mandolin, banjo
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community? - hoping to network
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself! - in 1999, I played in a World Music Festival in front of the Great Pyramids in Egypt.  My colleague and I played traditional music: Celtic and Klezmer.
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community @AdamRSweet! 🎉

We hope to see you on our next coffee chat tomorrow, it will be the perfect opportunity to network with other instructors! 🙂

• Who are you? My name is Hamza Arif 
  • Where are you from? I'm a dual national, born in Tunisia and since almost a decade living in Düsseldorf, Germany. 
  • What is your teaching area? My teaching area ranges from quality and process management topics till subjects covering cutlrual and emotional intelligence and cultural diversity in workplaces. 
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community? To keep myself updated on what is going on in the community. 
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself!  My Birthday happens to be Saint Nicholas Day 😄  
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @HamzaArif296, welcome, we're so glad to have you here!

Hallo Udemy instructor community, 

Who are you?

My name is Carlos H Brandt

Where are you from?

I'm from Venezuela but I luve in Dominican Republic

What is your teaching area?

I teach Entrepreneurship, business modeling, personal brand and acceleration strategies 

Why did you join the Instructor Community?

Because you guys invited me and i'm happy for it. 🙂 

Tell us a fun fact about yourself

I play baseball, love to read about entrepreneur success cases, innovation, I also cook a delicious Tortilla de Patata.

Hope you are all well and smiling. 

You can see my lifework in @Chbrandt in IG.

Thanks for the wonderful hosting and onboarding experience. 

Best regards.

CHB

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome @Chbrandt! We're very happy that you joined us! 🙂

Hello everyone. My name is Mimi and I am a quality expert in many management pathways. 

I plan to offer recorded webinars, virtual training as well as group meet-ups in New York City to be able to engage potential managers and offer a learning community that is value based. 

I am an extremely passionate person and I strive for world class prganization standards. 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MiManage, sounds like you have a lot of knowledge to share, feel free to join discussions and start your own conversations if you'd like to connect with other instructors.

Welcome to the community! 

Me-sa Mario!

Just Kidding, I'm Peyton Just got my first course published and looking forward to working on the next one. I am in the internet marketing and cryptocurrency industry.

Hope everyone is well and I look forward to the ability to network with fellow course creators.

Peyton 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

LOL! Hi @PeytonEckma167, this is Luigi 🥸

Bella_0-1658373435718.gif

Ok, maybe not! 😂 But now I'm wondering what type of courses would Mario create. 🤔💭

Anyway - I'm Bella. Welcome to the instructor community! We're glad to have you here. 

Hello Everyone,

I feel proud to be part of such an active and responsive community.

I'm Supreet Agrawal and I'm a Chartered Accountant from India.

I have worked for 3 years in the Assurance Division of one of the Big 4s (Ernst & Young).

During the work, I used to spend 15-18 hours of my day with Microsoft Excel and therefore I developed a special frustation, followed by special interest towards the Microsoft Excel.

And now I have launched a course named Let's Excel With Microsoft Excel, which aims to simplify the Microsoft Excel for enrollers in just 2.5 hours.

This Instructor Community has helped me in every part of the course creation and I would love to be an active member of this community.

A fun fact about me and this whole situation is that, I left my Shining Corporate Job, only to create a course on such a topic that used to trouble me the most (Microsoft Excel) for 15 to 18 hours everyday and I made it a source of income😂

Thank you!

Looking forward to connecting!

Please feel free to reach out to me on my linked profile by searching my name.

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @agrawalsupreet, welcome aboard!

I love that you went from having trouble with Excel to making it your source of income - the ironies of life, isn't it? 😂 

We're excited for you to be an active member of this community too. Thank you for sharing more about yourself!

Hi everyone,let me introduce myself

• Who are you?My name is Salman Alfarisi Rizqi Hidayat
  • Where are you from?I'm from Indonesia,I'm living in the province of West Java to be precise
  • What is your teaching area?Right now I can only teach school-level math and I don't actually have an official background in mathematics   (My course is only available in Indonesian)
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community?I want to share the knowledge I know on this Udemy platform and I want to know about the concept of online teaching
  • a) I have a unique passion for mathematics since I was a child, but only for the basic concepts of some material that I could explore
  • b) I have an interest in understanding about video editing, even though it's only for a simple level
  • c) I'm not good at land-type sports, like : badminton, volleyball and football  😂
  • d) I can somewhat understand some language but like simple word,except japanese (because i can understand a little bit when they had conversation/dubbed from anime) and english but not that fluent (altough my native language isn't english)
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome, @rizqhs455!

When it comes to math, this is where I stand: 

Bella_0-1658374332100.gif

I'm very glad that you joined us! 😊

Who are you: My name is Tunde Abdulhamid Sanusi . I am a Web Designer, Creative, WordPress Consultant and Content Creator. I build an online presence for brands, business owners, and organizations.

Where are you from? I am from the ancient city of Ibadan in Nigeria but do travel mostly to and/or live mostly in Akure, Nigeria due to my education.

What is your teaching area? My Teaching area evolves around WordPress topics as I have experience using WordPress as a Web Designer, Consultant, Content Creator, and Accessibility Consultant, and had participated in different WordPress hackathons.

Why did you join the instructor community? I joined the Instructor community to meet other like-minded people making a positive impact in the world and hear about their experiences.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself!: I love to travel, explore culture, meet new people and enjoy doing unconventional stuff - like trying to stay without using the Internet 🙂

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the community @tuhamworld!

Wow, impressive background! I'm sure you will have a lot of great insights to share with us. Please feel free to start discussions and respond to posts anytime! 

Brilliant 

Hi,

My Name is Maryam AlBalushi. I am from Sultanate of Oman. I am here to find a way of conveying the massive amount of knowledge that I have been sharpening over the past 5 years for the sake of making money out of it. I am not sure of what should be my final teaching area but as far as I remember, I have started creating online tutorials for 3d modeling using 3ds max on Youtube. Fun fact about my self is giving my physical and mental health the highest priority over anything else that I may feel attached to. 

Have a nice day,

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome aboard @Mimi ! It's great getting to know a bit about you! I wish you all the best on your journey here at Udemy. 😊

Hello everyone.

I am so excited to join this community. 

So, I am Aminat Diganayeva and I am from Azerbaijan. My teaching area is Education : Teacher Professional Development, Education Management. I joined the Instructor Community to learn about other's experiences. Since I am totally 'green' with no experince of creating a course in Udemy, I find it useful and inspirinf to read other's stories.

Fun fact: I usually sing song in a wrong way))))

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome aboard @Aminat Diganayeva! 👋😊 I hope you find all you're looking for here in the community!

Hola fellow Instructors!!! 😁

• Who are you? - My name is Madelyne Lansdell
  • Where are you from?- South Africa, yes it's not all jungle!
  • What is your teaching area?- Main Area is Health and Safety but doing my Fitness Degree so hopefully, do some fitness and nutritional lectures real soon.
  • Why did you join the Instructor Community?- I love people and I love to learn from others. It's best to learn from others' successes, it accelerates your own success. 
  • Tell us a fun fact about yourself! - I am a total people person, love nature and outdoor sports. Use to suffer from stage fright ( Real intense anxiety!! 🤣) My teaching/facilitating career has helped me conquer this fear !!! I'm blessed and highly favoured, trying to enjoy every second of each day ! And as google explained to keep my fun fact relevant... Safety Saves Lives and well that is what I love doing... Keeping people safe! 

Feel free to connect ! 

Much love & Blessings,

Madelyne 

Congrats and amazing to see another South African on Udemy.  

Who are you? My name is Jifry Issadeen.

Where are you from? I'm from a tiny Island called Sri Lanka.

What is your teaching area? Python, Machine Learning, Accounting.

Why did you join the Instructor Community? I knew I could pass the exam but I didn't like the way the exam was done and I failed the exam couple of times. When they changed the exam to online exam, I did it very well. I believe my teaching skills also works in the similar fashion.

Tell us a fun fact about yourself! I'm a boring person who likes to play cards and pool. I don't get along much and I'm a little bit quite type. I prefer to do things alone as most of the works I do with the team, the credit it eaten by the other members. But not time with Udemy..

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Jifry Issadeen, great intro, I feel like I was able to get to know a lot about you, so thank you for sharing! I hope you enjoy our community. 🙂

Thank you. I'm really happy that I chose Udemy to publish my course. I think for a starter, its been about a week and my course is doing fairly well as I have some sales and they seems to be growing. I should also thank the team for the support.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Introductions
Create a video to introduce yourself and watch other videos from instructors to get to know them. We recommend including your name, what you teach, and what you hope to learn in your video.