First month in 3 figures!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First month in 3 figures!

So been on Udemy for around 6 months and proud to say I've just seen my first 3 figure month! I know this is miniscule in comparison to the 6 or dare I say 7-figure instructors, but always worth celebrating the small wins! 

So my next question is scalability - I constantly get bombarded on LinkedIn with consultants wanting to improve my results. Sounds great but I'm just a bit skeptical. One of them just said he would post my free coupons on Facebook to boost me and some FB ads. Something I could do myself if I wanted. 

Am I over skeptical? Is there a recommended consultancy group that you have used? 

Thanks all!!

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MarkGrey828 Congratulations on getting your first 3 figures! Regarding your question about allowing others to boost your course, some instructors don't think it's a good idea to offer free coupons without genuine interest, since this could result in low engagement or even negative reviews. You could share your free coupons with a relevant audience who is more likely to engage with the material and provide valuable feedback. Let's see if we get comments from experienced instructors on this topic. 

Congratulations on your achievement! Can you shed some light on what helped you reach the milestone please?

hello Mark,

Congratulations for that achievement over a short period of time.

What is your course about.

Thank you very much

@Mar - congrats on 3 figures! I'll challenge your comment about it being miniscule though.... it took my AGES to get that far, so don't diminish all the hard work and effort you've put into it just because someone else has different numbers.

re: free coupons - I haven't had much luck with them (outside of small groups I know personally, or early reviewers).  The one time I tried it on a broad scale I got loads of signups... that didn't take the course.

Instead, I've been working on cultivating a LinkedIn following, and a related YouTube channel to help "spread the word" about my courses and using promotion/referral links.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stories and inspiration
Pull up a seat and chat with your fellow instructors. This is a great place to get to know each other, swap stories, and just relax.