Quality Review Process: notice on wait times

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Quality Review Process: notice on wait times

Go to solution

@ArielWeinberger I agree. Although a check is needed on every new program listed for publication, there should be a different way/timeing  of assessing programs for new instructors and those who already have several programs published. 

Go to solution

Please I m new to Udemy as an instructor and I m working on my first topic in relation to my course.

My course is to teach on how to use SAGE ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE. In my first topic I m trying to teach the basic accounting principal, covering every aspect of accounting needed to use accounting softwares because without full knowledge on those basics, the students cannot handle the software.

I m asking whether there us anything wrong in teaching those basics aspect of accounting that will help understanding of the SAGE. Thanks.

Go to solution

@Ctutors_2020 I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Basic can be successful, especially for those tattendees who really search for step by step guides. Thouhg, I suggest you study closely what your colleagues instructors are doing in your same niche. This can provide important insight on how to fram your program.  

View solution in original post

Go to solution

I made the changes in my submission but they would not save.  What do I do?  Course...Converting In Class to E Learning Quickly and Cheaply.  gkushphd@gmail.com

Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hey @DrDigital, please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will be happy to take a closer look.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Dear Abbie

Thank you for explaining all of this. Yesterday I typed in my name and passport number for identity verification, but it failed, so I sent the verification video to the team right after. My instructor page shows "Because you failed identity verification your account will be removed on June 3, 2020 5:54 PM". If the team couldn't review my verification video on time, will my account be removed even though I submitted the verification video straight away? @Abbie 

Thank you Smiley Happy

Go to solution

Dear Abbie

@Abbie Thank you for explaining all of this. Yesterday I typed in my name and passport number for identity verification, but it failed, so I sent the verification video to the team right after. My instructor page shows "Because you failed identity verification your account will be removed on June 3, 2020 5:54 PM". If the team couldn't review my verification video on time, will my account be removed even though I submitted the verification video straight away? 

Thank you Smiley Happy

Go to solution

Dear Abbie

Thank you for explaining all of this. Yesterday I typed in my name and passport number for identity verification, but it failed, so I sent the verification video to the team right after. My instructor page shows "Because you failed identity verification your account will be removed on June 3, 2020 5:54 PM". If the team couldn't review my verification video on time, will my account be removed even though I submitted the verification video straight away? 

Thank you Smiley Happy

Go to solution

Hey Abbie ! I am having a problem here.

I have made a small course (40 min) in graduate & Postgraduate level #economics but when I submitted it for review it failed to verify with my PAN identity and says

"Unable to Verify. Action needed within 30 days "

And asked me to upload a video which I did twice on 27 may & 28 may but I received NO response from Udemy regarding this .

What worries me more that it says your account will be deleted on 2nd  june 2020 10:21 am . ( It has given me hardly 7 days instead of 30 days )

Kindly help me !

Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @SourabhShukla don't worry, if we don't get to your request before your verification deadline, we won't remove your account based on that. You'll receive a reply as soon as your email is next. 

Go to solution

Thank you @Abbie , very useful update indeed. And hey... if I can help with the review process, my all support to the Udemy Community and please just let me know. Best. Marco

Go to solution

Hello our feloow instructor and support team,

Im new here trying to build my 1st course. I have 3 questions please help answer what is the Test video? Do I need it and how to access that?

As far as building the course, at Curriculum secction, How can I add Lecture 2, 3 and so on?

Many thanks and wish you all well

Go to solution

Thanks for the update...

Go to solution

It is Understandable @Abbie , with lot of people workign from home, many have found way to use the time to create new videos.  comsidering the situations at hand i think its fair to wait for some more days to have reviews completed.

Go to solution

Hi @Abbie . I submitted my course on April 10 and its yet to be approved. Usually, my courses are approved in about 2 days. How long approximately do you think it will be before my course is approved? Its a fairly small course and used the setting approved of in the test video I submitted in March 2020. 

Go to solution

Hi!! 10th of April was a Friday so that's probably why.

Go to solution

How long is it taking (on an average) for the courses to be approved?

Go to solution

Usually, it takes 2 business days however as you are aware of the COVID-19 outbreak this may vary

Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hey @MinervaSingh66, as @DYay2810 mentioned, the response time is measured in business days, so please do take that into account when calculating the times. Responses are taking approximately 5 days for the Quality Review Process. We appreciate your patience!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Thanks.  I will get back in touch on Friday if the course is still stuck. 

Go to solution

Technical support correspondence does not work
I have a course that has more than 5 days and has not been reviewed
Please note that I am working with a good level of professionalism
Thank you and appreciate your cooperation
I appreciate the current exceptional situation

Go to solution

@Abbie I submitted another course for review on December 20. It is still in review. This is much longer than before. When can I expect to hear back from the review team?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MinervaSingh66 Please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com to check the status of your submission.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

@ElianaC I got in touch with them but I have not heard back from the review team and my course is still not live. This is most unprecedented and I am quite upset. I will be grateful for your suggestions 

Go to solution

Hi @ElianaC I did. No one is responding. I devoted a lot of time and effort in creating my course. As a matter of common courtesy, I should get a response and a tentative idea when I can expect my course to go live. None of my previous courses encountered any issues and this one too follows the same format. Now the Instructor Support is not responding. Could you please look into this? 

Go to solution

@MinervaSingh66 I can understand your frustration. All instructors would have undergone this situation. I was in the exact situation a month ago. The second course that I launched in Nov was also stuck in review for more than 10 days. I contacted the support team a few times and they finally responded. I would suggest you be patient because that is what is in your control right now. For sure, you will get a reply very soon. All the best

Go to solution

Thanks. I will contact them again 

Go to solution

@MinervaSingh66 Hi and congratulations for submitting a new program. Please consider that this is both a challenging time and the end of the year, with many holidays in the calendar. So it may happen that all the processes slow down.. Please be patience and solicit the instructor support department. All the best wishes. M.

Go to solution

Hi im having trouble submitting my verification video via email. Is there any  alternative or suggestions please and thank you  x

Go to solution

@TapuTElia173 If the size of the video is the issue, you may try to upload to Google Drive and share the link to Trust & Safety team

@TapuTElia173 wrote:

Hi im having trouble submitting my verification video via email. Is there any  alternative or suggestions please and thank you  x

Go to solution

Here's a thought on how the review queue can clear up quickly. Approve courses from experienced instructors.

I have launched over 30 courses now on Udemy. I received one small piece of helpful feedback on my first course submission. The other 29 have been nothing more than an unnecessary delay.

I get needing to review courses by new instructors, but once someone has successfully launched a few courses, why not just let them launch? To adapt to these changes times means to think through something logically.

Has anyone who has launched multiple courses ever received a valuable tip or feedback from the review process, or is it just a waste of time and simply delay you releasing your course?

Go to solution

Thank you for the update!

For others - I completed and submitted my course on April 11 (Saturday) and it was approved today, April 16. That's 4 business days to approval. That's pretty good considering their increased workload of 70%.

We appreciate your work.

Go to solution

Hi! @AaronLinsda458 

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Congratulations for your completed  and submitted  course!!! Go ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Thank you, Kazi Harun-or-Rashid!

Go to solution

Hi! @AaronLinsda458 

Congratulations for your like and mention!!! God bless you!!! Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

For my course 4 days time has been taken for review. I submitted my course on 13th April and course was approved on 17th April. 

Go to solution

Hello sir, 

What is the procedure to become an instructor here in udemy. 

Please let me know 

Thank you

Go to solution

Hello Mr Verma solution for your concern go to the 

Go to solution

Instructor panel upload your test video and get approval and also so be ready with your inter course material to get approved first Make your test video Ready

Go to solution

I am new to Udemy, and it is very disappointing the lapse in time to get feedback on my test video. I decided to used Udemy in good faith. But it has been weeks and no status. Please reply with real information and not constant emails informing of the delay and no resolution.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi everyone, we appreciate your patience while we work on lowering the current waiting times in the different support channels. Since requests to our Support team first spiked in March, we've worked to onboard new agents across every channel of support -- policy, quality review, technical support, and more. However, onboarding and training are not an instant process, so we've worked to prioritize the most critical services for students and instructors. As an optional service offered as a courtesy to instructors, test video has not been prioritized.

Please keep in mind that you don't have to submit a test video to publish a course. So you can feel free to continue with your course creation as long as you follow the quality guidelines found (here). If you're eager to get feedback on what you've created thus far, we encourage you to share your early videos here in the Community.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

I've submited my course at 16 April, and until today still not approved, My clients are awaiting for it...please udemy support...take alook

Go to solution

Hi! @Dribrahimm 

I hope that you are very well. Welcome to you and Udemy Community!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Congratulations for your course!!! You may be perfected able to considered how the possibility that discussing with each other for responding to your course by helps and supports from Udemy Community. Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

@Dribrahimm 

Hi.

Congratulations!

Sincerely yours

Mumtaz Ali Mangi 

Go to solution

Hi everyone 

My course is been under review for more then 5 days

what happened 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @MariaDuclon716 There has been a recent spike in course reviews currently leading to longer waiting times, but once as you request is next you'll get a reply from the team. We shared this as an announcement in the community  You can check it out here.

Go to solution

I am waiting since last 8 days. Hopefully mine will be reviewed soon. 

@MariaDuclon716 wrote:

Hi everyone 

My course is been under review for more then 5 days

what happened 

Go to solution

TY for the update. Please ignore my email inquiry for my video that was emailed last Friday, april 17.

Go to solution

Hi! @MillerEducation 

Congratulations for your like!!! Go ahead!!! Move ahead!!! Thanks!!! 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kazi Harun-or-Rashid

Go to solution

Hi Abby,

I've tried to sent the verification both with the email linked to udemy and my backup other email. Since my linked email account got trouble lately with sending emails.

It was 5 days ago. I know i need to wait and i got replies from udemy team and already re-sent my verfication aswel.

My question are:

1. How do I know my course is verified?

2. Should I submit manually for review for the course or its gonna be automatically submitted?

3. How do I know my course is live?

4. How can I double check if needed?

5. Also, my video only 2MB is that okay? Cos I read people sent up to 20MB.

Pls advise. Thank you.

Yenny

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time Course Creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors